Once the initial screen is done, more thorough measurements are carried out. Different compound concentrations are tested to study dose-response relationship and to measure IC50 and Ki values. Mobility shift microfluidic technology is employed to perform dose-response studies and measure IC50 and Ki for one compound or whole libraries against multiple targets.
Microfluidic platform has a number of benefits:
- Results are directly comparable across targets (standardized reaction conditions)
- Highly accurate and reproducible
- Minimal sample requirement (Labcyte liquid handling system)
- Affords measurement of weak interactions
- No limits on compound or cofactor concentrations
- Fast turnaround (2-5 business days)